Helping Keep The Leicestershire Community Local
Fri December 15, 2017
- Killer lorry driver Felix Gillon was watching porn - Felix Gillon is jailed for causing the death of another driver while watching porn on the M69.
- BBC commentator Ian Stringer's struggle to help alcoholic mother - The mother of Leicester City commentator Ian Stringer was found at her home weeks after her death.
- Birstall house explosion: Gas leak blamed by investigators - The huge blast completely destroyed a house, leaving a woman dead and two men injured.
- Christmas 2017 travel: When should I avoid the roads? - Most roadworks will be lifted by next Friday but the busiest period is expected to start on Wednesday.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.