Helping Keep The Leicestershire Community Local
Fri March 23, 2018
- Mark Cookson death: £20,000 reward offered in appeal - Mark Cookson was involved in an argument in the street three day's before his body was discovered.
- Leicester shop explosion: Demolition work ends at site - The explosion which killed five people including a mother and her two sons "will scar the city".
- Jane Hings trial: Craig Keogh jailed for rape and murder - Craig Keogh is jailed for at least 32 years for raping and killing Jane Hings while high on cocaine.
- Food festivals: Celebrating the great and good of food - Cheese or chocolate? Honey or oysters? The UK is home to festivals dedicated to favourite foods.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.